If you have considered joining the Canadian Forces, you’re going to have to do a good amount of prep if you want to accomplish your goal. Every person who chooses to apply to the Canadian Forces must take an aptitude test known as the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT). This test is made to help assess an applicant’s abilities so that they can be matched with a job that best suits them. If you want to make sure you are completely prepared to take your CFAT, there are several ways you can do so. Continue reading below to get the best idea of how to properly prep beginning today.
What To Do Well In Advance Of The Test
- Know what you should expect on the day of the test
- Know the types of questions that are going to be asked on the CFAT
- We would suggest that you practice sample CFAT questions so that you can get comfortable. This will also give you a good idea of the areas you are weaker in so that you can study those types of questions more adamantly before the actual test.
- Take care of yourself. Make sure that you eat well, that you are getting enough sleep, and that you are getting exercise often. Making sure you are in good physical and mental health will assist you greatly once it is time for you to take the test.
The Day Before You Take The Test
- The day before your exam, make sure you eat nutritious foods and that you avoid alcohol. This is imperative if you want to be as focused as possible when you take your test.
- Prep everything you possibly can. The last thing you want is to be rushing around the day of the test, trying to get everything ready and end up being late. Be sure you have everything you need for the day. Additionally, make sure you know where the test is being taken, including where you are going to park.
- Go to bed early. Getting enough rest is imperative if you want to do well on your exam.
The Day You Take The CFAT
- The morning of your test, make sure that you eat a good breakfast. Even if you are a person who typically does not eat breakfast, this is the right time to make sure you do. This will help you to keep your mental focus on your test and not on your feelings of hunger that will arise later in the day. If you can’t eat in the mornings without getting nauseous, we would suggest that you try to drink a protein shake of some sort. Other good protein-rich foods that you should consider eating before a test are eggs, nuts, yogurt, or cottage cheese.
- Once the test begins, make sure that you read all of the directions carefully. While you may think you know what the questions are going to ask after prepping for your test, this arrogance could lead to you doing poorly.
- Make sure that you are paying attention to the amount of time you have. If you get in a bind and you find that you may not have enough time to finish the test, make sure that you at least answer all of the questions. Putting down answers you aren’t sure of is still better than leaving questions blank.
- If you aren’t sure of the answer to a specific question, try to help yourself out by using the process of elimination to get yourself closer to the right answer.
- If you finish the test before time is up, make sure to revisit as many questions as you possibly can. Not only will this help you to feel more confident but it will also make it so that you know you haven’t misread any of the questions, causing you to choose the wrong answer on accident.
Get The Test Prep Help You Need From Test Ready Pro
If you truly want to make sure you pass your exam with flying colors, there is no better way than to use the CFAT test prep materials that are provided by Test Ready Pro. With our help, all you will have to rely on is your own personal desire to get a good score. Believe us, Test Ready Pro has you covered!