Do you love helping people, especially when they’re hurt or scared? Are you tired of watching all the violence, drug abuse, theft, and other crimes that dominate the news?
If you’re the kind of person who’s motivated to do something about these negative aspects of society, rather than just standing by and watching them unfold, a career in law enforcement may be right for you.
Wondering where to start? Test Ready Pro is ready to be your stepping stone to your a new careers as a police officer. Keep reading to find out who makes a good candidate for a Canadian police officer, and the type of testing for which you should be prepared.
Legal Requirements For Law Enforcement Candidates
To apply as a police officer in Canada, you must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Have arrived at the age of 18 or 19 by the time of application (varies by police department and/or province)
- Be certified in standard first aid and CPR
- Be in possession of a driver’s license with no restrictions and a clear driving record
- Be in excellent physical condition, including hearing, vision, general fitness, and psychological health
- Be able to pass a variety of written and verbal tests, including an extensive written examination, a suitability interview, peer review interview, management interview, executive interview, and a polygraph exam.
Do you satisfy all of the criteria necessary to gain a career in law enforcement? We can’t make you older or give you a driver’s licence, but Test Ready Pro is your source for courses and preparation materials that will help to improve your chances of being hired.
Check out our police test and interview prep, and police analytical thinking inventory (PATI) training courses, and contact us if you have any questions about how Test Ready Pro can launch your new career!